Leuchtturm handles your personal data when processing orders and also transmits it when necessary to third parties for the same purpose, for example to deliverers, (DHL, parcel services or forwarding agencies).
If necessary, we will obtain information on your previous credit behaviour from InFoScore Consumer Data GmbH, Rheinstr. 99, 76532 Baden-Baden.
Leuchtturm will make further use of your data for advertising purposes and will transmit summarised address information, if appropriate in list form, for its own marketing purposes as well as for the marketing purposes of partner companies. You can object to the transmission of your data for advertising purposes at any time.
When you visit our website, various data (such as e.g. your IP address, time and duration of visit, operating system, browser and page requests) are saved as standard. This data is used exclusively in anonymous form for statistical purposes and for optimising the Internet service provided. It is not used to personally identify visitors to the site.
How is the data transmitted to Leuchtturm?
Your personal data, such as your name, address and banking data, are transmitted to the web server via a secure, encrypted connection in SSL (secure socket layer) mode. When further information is submitted to us we are again careful to ensure that sensitive data is securely transmitted. Should you experience technical problems when transmitting encrypted data, or if you are still not satisfied with the security of the transmission, you are also welcome to place your order by telephone or by post.
You can revoke the passing on of your data for advertising purposes at any time. In accordance with the German Data Protection Act you have the right to access information concerning data stored about you free of charge, as well as the right to correct, block and delete this data. Please address enquiries to:
Leuchtturm Albenverlag GmbH & Co. KG
Mr. Thomas Hoffmann
Am Spakenberg 45
What are Cookies?
Cookies are tiny text files saved on your personal Computer, Tablet and on Mobile device.
Our cookies never contain personal data. Cookies are not a security risk for your data. Cookies are not constantly running applications; they will not copy or obtain files on your computer, besides they are not able to transmit viruses.
We have different cookies set by our website.
1st Party Cookie
First-party cookie is a cookie also known as persistent cookie. Persistent (permanent) cookies are stored on your computer and cease to be valid only if their assigned expiration date has passed. Depending on that date, a persistent cookie could be valid for a few seconds, over days to several of years.
3rd Party Cookie
A third-party cookie is a tracking cookie set by a third party. The advantage of 3rd party cookies, however, is that you must not install a code on the landing page. Therefore, 3rd party cookie tracking is technically easier than 1st party cookie. Google AdWords uses 3rd party cookies to determine the conversion rate. Google Analytics for example uses 1st party cookies.
If you like to know more about cookies, please visit:
- We do not use "executable contents" such as Active X and JAVA.
- We do not save credit card data but delete it after the order has been processed.
- We will provide you with an overview of the data you have stored whenever you wish and delete it on your request.
- In line with our practice of informing customers about new products we will send you emails only on your specific request and will stop as soon as you no longer wish to receive them.
- The password-protected area "Your Data" enables you to review and, if required, update data stored with us at any time. The password can also be changed at any time.
Facebook Custom Audience (Facebook, Inc.)
- In addition you can avoid the collection of the data created by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP-address) as well as the processing by Google by downloading and installing the browser-plugin provided under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
- For more detailed information on this please visit http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html (general information regarding Google Analytics and data protection).
- Please note that on this Site Google Analytics has been amended by the code “gat._anonymizeIp();” in order to warrant an anonymous collection of IP-addresses (so called IP-Masking)
- Facebook Custom Audience is a Remarketing and Behavioral Targeting service provided by Facebook, Inc. that connects the activity of this Application with the Facebook advertising network.
- Personal Data collected: Cookie.